Tuesday, April 8, 2014

The Irony

I realised that by calling myself a nomadic teenager whilst naming by blog 'ameliaSITED' probably is a little paradoxical...My nomad element is because I am an expatriate currently in Borneo, originally from the UK. The blog itself is on the internet which is (in some respect) a cloud, a platform that doesn't have a specific location and therefore i can be sited on here. (Also its a webSITE, so i guess there is an unintended pun...)

I feel a little embarrassed that I have already missed a day because I do blog when I want to and not because I have to! Today I made the miraculous Discovery that there was a timing option :O Write now and post later, so that will be very helpful for sure. Today was an average college day. It started off well with a very intriguing conversation about 'bad' and not necessarily linked 'pseudo' science. e.g. Feng Shui, Telepathy in Theory of Knowledge. I sacrificed my lunch time in order to sell some 'World Water Day' ribbons for a $1 each. Even though WWD was on the 22nd of March, we were on 'break' so the union I am in decided to make use of it anyway and organise events on Wednesday for fundraising. We are building a water system for a community in Sabah, Malaysia in October, so money raise will be going towards this. My day-at-school ended with a lot of June visa paperwork for a trek to the Indian Himalayas for my Gold Duke of Edinburgh.


However one interesting event was that the sun appeared to have a circular rainbow surrounding it. In order to try convince myself the world wasn't falling in to an apocalyptic state, or that extraterrestrial intelligence wasn't visiting, i researched. Turns out is called a 'circular halo'. "It is simply caused by sunlight passing through ice crystals in cirrus clouds within the Earth's atmosphere. The crystals bend direct sunlight, projecting it elsewhere into the sky, and at a certain angle". And apparently it is most common in colder climates or Autumn, Winter or Spring seasons...making it very unusual for we are living in the tropics...Nevertheless it was cool. (Global Warming!?)
(Photograph below- I do not own)

Goodbye for now,
Amelia


No comments:

Post a Comment