Sunday, April 6, 2014

"The Tumblr Side"

Murad Osmann Inspired 'FollowMeTo' photo

I am pretty certain that judging from my first post, Ive come across as someone fascinated by science...and only science. This is FAR from the truth.
I definitely have an inner stereotype side to me, the type that loves to admire beach photography and the silhouette of a 'toned body', or a cocktail on the beach. As cliche and typical of a teenage girl it is to like this, its completely true. I have a tumblr and this is what it consists of: beaches, sunsets, people with stories or faces that intrigue me, general photography which makes me stop and admire. After posting an introduction to this blog I realised i hadn't shared my other 'internet side', the side that is curious about easy living and no responsibilities, the side that researches the latest house concert, the new 'triangl' bikini, the 70% off sales in ASOS. This side isn't what defines me at all, simply another side and in order for me to express myself, these sides will continue to reveal themselves I'm sure hahaha.

So...After scrolling through my tumblr newsfeed I found images that today made me look and wonder, to places I hadn't been, places I wish to go, or people I wish to meet. Hopefully you appreciate these images like I did. Particularly the first one where a girl is holding the hand of the photographer, this is inspired by a trend of photos whereby a couple: The photographer Murad Osmann and his girlfriend take  pictures in fascinating locations, there is a video lookbook along with them . The trend has caught on and hundreds of couples take them much like the one below and has been named 'Project followmeto'. (news article below)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2285781/Murad-Osmann-Photographers-amazing-pictures-girlfriend-leading-hand-globe.html


I can't say I'm a photographer, I only ever post average day-to-day photos, but I am certainly a photo enthusiast and one day I certainly hope to see myself admiring art in a local gallery, because amateur photography is something that can never truly be taken for granted.

Goodbye for now,
Amelia
(I Do not own any of the images on this blogpost)









No comments:

Post a Comment